Ready to work in Boulder
Basic Needs Case Manager: Job Description — Resource Center
Bridge House — Boulder’s leading nonprofit provider of resources leading to self-sufficiency for the homeless and working poor — is currently seeking a Basic Needs Case Manager, for its Resource Center, which provides resources for Boulders homeless and working poor. Bridge House runs innovative programs including the Resource Center providing case management services to more than 1500 unique individuals each year, and the Ready to Work employment and housing program providing 44 homeless adults jobs in social enterprise as a stepping stone to self-sufficiency. Bridge House employs 27 Full time staff and 12 Part time staff and 44 trainees in the Ready to Work program. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a great flexible working environment, if you’re ready to grow with Bridge House please submit your resume for consideration.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct one-on-one case management meetings for the following: Transportation assistance, Prescription vouchers, Intakes/assessments, Food stamp and Medicaid applications, referrals to complementary agencies – up to 30 clients per day
• Conduct Welcome Meetings for new clients
• Distribute clothing vouchers
• Distribute petty cash and maintain records
• Maintain RTD logs and place monthly order with Bridge House finance department
• Make referrals to partner services — on and off site
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with, clients, co-workers, other agencies and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Evaluate client risk and assess need for immediate intervention
• Work with all staff and case managers around issues relating to case management services
• Track all case management activities to ensure accurate data tracking using Salesforce database
• Attend case management meeting
• Communicate with BH case management on client information as needed
• Communicate with on site service provider partners on a weekly basis
• Respond to emails received from the general contact address
• Return general case management phone calls
• Any other duties as assigned by department head
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Commitment to helping homeless people become more stable
• Experience working with and sensitivity to people with mental illness, a history of substance abuse and the chronically homeless
• Ability to manage conflict
• Ability to multi-task
• Attention to detail
• Computer skills, comfortable with word and excel
• Knowledge of and ability to identify types of mental illness, substance abuse and challenges faced by homeless population
• Knowledge of resources for the homeless in Boulder
• Excellent communication skills
• Creative problem solving skills
Compensation is commensurate based on experience.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to address listed above.